Tuesday, August 21, 2012

News for sale - corporations buying positive reviews

News for sale - corporations buying positive reviews
Aug 21, 2012 |



The recent case of Oracle versus Google once again brought to light the issue of the media paying for positive reviews. Both companies were questioned about the matter at the latest court hearing in a case that could create a precedent if those who were paid are disclosed. Christopher Chambers, a journalism professor of Georgetown University, shares his opinion on the subject.

1 comment:

  1. I was looking up home direct reviews when I came across this post. I can't believe people pay for positive reviews. I always read reviews before I buy something. Usually people only review things when they are mad about something. When ever I really liked something I always try to put a good review.

    ReplyDelete